FI(H) Flight Instructor Refresher Seminar
Our two-day Flight Instructor Refresher Course (Seminar) for Helicopter Flight Instructors typically take place every six months at our Leicester Airport training centre.
As a flight instructor, it is important to keep up with the latest regulatory information, but it is also a requirement under UK Part FCL.940.FI to attend an instructor refresher course within the validity period of your FI certificate or pass an assessment of competence in accordance with FCL.935, within the 12 months preceding the expiry date of the FI certificate.
Instructors whose FI(H) certificate has lapsed, or who have not completed 50 hours of flight instruction in helicopters within the validity period of the FI(H) certificate must meet both of the requirements above. The seminar covers the following topics:
- Part-FCL, Part-NCO and SERA
- Regulatory guidance and changes
- Teaching and learning
- FCL.920 and instructional techniques
- Licensing, revalidation and privileges
- Threat and error management
- CRM and human factors
- Flight safety, incidents and accidents
- Prevention of airspace infringements
- Legal aspects and enforcement procedures
- Standardisation in the training environment
- CAA publications and resources for FI’s
If you are a Flight Instructor who’s FI(H) certificate has lapsed, or you are in need of a revalidation, or you are a current FI(H) who would simply like to refresh your knowledge by attending this informative two-day seminar, please complete the booking form or contact us on 0116 259 0186.
Places are allocated on a first come first served basis and we can accommodate a maximum of 18 delegates at each seminar. AoC flights, if required, can also be arranged on a subsequent date to suit your requirements (subject to availability).
Please note we do not offer FI(A) refresher seminars.