Cabri G2 Type Rating
The Cabri G2 has been certified under EASA for over 10 years now and is becoming increasingly popular all across the world. If you want to fly a sleek, modern, efficient aircraft, this is the one for you!
We have a six Cabri G2 helicopters on our fleet with five in the UK and one in the US. There are great opportunities as you move forward in your career to work on the Cabri both commercially and through instruction once you qualify as a flight instructor. Not only this, but the Cabri has remarkable similarities to some larger aircraft so once again, this course will help prepare you and allow you to build experience on a different type of aircraft.
After completing this course, you will not only be able to fly the aircraft yourself in the UK, but this will also open up the opportunity to fly our US-registered Cabri from our facilities in Winter Haven, Florida. To find out more about this opportunity, visit our Florida page.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Hold an EASA PPL(H) or CPL(H)
- Hold an EASA Class 2 medical certificate
- A minimum of five hours flight instruction
- Pass a verbal theoretical knowledge assessment
- Pass a type rating skill test with a CAA examiner
Our all-inclusive Cabri G2 type rating course includes the following and is based on the minimum hours required by regulation:
- One month’s membership (landing fees, tea, coffee, wi-fi etc.)
- Course materials (flight manual (electronic), checklists etc.)
- Five hours Cabri G2 flight instruction
- 10 hours of classroom-based instruction
- Up to one hour aircraft hire for the skill test
- Examiner fee for the skill test
You should be aware that it may take longer than the minimum hours in order to meet the standard required to pass the skill test, and you may need to arrange some additional flight training hours.